Conditions of Use
1. The Website is owned by Hermanus Radiology – Dr Illza Perold (“Hermanus Radiology” or “We”) which has copyright in respect of all material contained on the Website. All trademarks, whether registered or not, used on this Website are those of Hermanus Radiology or its licensors.
2. No content of the Website may be used, reproduced, downloaded, altered, adapted, distributed, transferred, added to, or in any other way dealt or interfered with, except as otherwise expressly indicated or with the prior consent of Hermanus Radiology. Users may download or print a copy of the information contained on the Website for personal use only. Users may not link to this Website without the prior written permission of Hermanus Radiology.
3. Comments and suggestions about the Website are welcome. By making such suggestions or comments, You release all intellectual property rights contained in them to Hermanus Radiology at no charge.
4. Hermanus Radiology reserves the right to change any of the contents of the Website at any time in its sole discretion and without notice.
5. News articles or opinions published on the Website reflect the views of the author. Hermanus Radiology does not necessarily associate itself with any of the views or opinions expressed by authors of any news articles or opinions published on the Website.
6. The Website may provide links to various other internet sites. Hermanus Radiology has no control over the content of these websites, nor does it review that content. Hermanus Radiology will therefore not be held responsible for the content or accuracy of such websites. Your access to other websites is at your own risk. Other websites may contain material which may be offensive to you. Please therefore access other websites at your own discretion.
7. Whilst every care is taken to ensure that information provided on the Website is accurate, Hermanus Radiology does not guarantee its accuracy and accordingly Hermanus Radiology shall not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever caused, that may arise from your use of the Website or reliance upon information contained on it. The information appearing on the Website is made available without any representation or warranty whatsoever, whether expressed or implied. None of the information contained in the public area of the Website constitutes medical advice of any sort. Users are urged to contact their medical practitioner for any medical information, opinions or advice.
8. Hermanus Radiology obtains all software and files which are capable of being downloaded from sources which it believes to be accurate and reliable. Notwithstanding this, Hermanus Radiology shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions in respect of any downloadable files or software available on the Website. Hermanus Radiology makes no representations concerning the functionality or suitability for any particular purpose of such software and files and accepts no liability for any losses, damages, claims or costs suffered by you as a result of your downloading, use of, or reliance upon such files and software.
9. Hermanus Radiology does not and cannot guarantee that software or files available for download from the Website or that the Website as a whole, is free of viruses, worms, trojan horses or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. Accordingly, your use of this Website is at your own risk.
10. Without derogating from any other limitations or exclusions of liability contained in these Conditions of Use, Hermanus Radiology shall not be liable for any losses, damage, costs, claims or penalties incurred by You or any third party accessing this Website with Your knowledge or consent as a result of access to, interaction with or reliance upon this Website. In the event of any claim again Hermanus Radiology by a third party mentioned in this clause 10, You shall indemnify and hold us harmless against such claim.
11. Any dispute arising between Hermanus Radiology and a third party concerning the use of, or reliance upon the Website will be subject to the jurisdiction of the law of, and courts of, the Republic of South Africa.
12. The following Conditions of Use apply to all Users of the Secure Area of the Website (“Secure Area”):
12.1 Only Users who have been registered as Users of the Secure Area and being provided with a user identity and password by Hermanus Radiology may access the Secure Area. Access to the Secure Area is restricted only to those portions to which the User has a right of access and site. Any person who gains access to the Secure Area in error or who views a portion of the Secure Area which they are not entitled to view must notify Hermanus Radiology immediately via email by clicking here.
12.2 The information, reports and images in the secure area are made available for the convenience of medical practitioners, are private and may only be accessed by practitioners for the purposes of treatment of patients.
12.3 Hermanus Radiology takes reasonable steps to ensure that the Secure Area cannot be accessed by unauthorised persons and that authorised Users have access only to those portions of the Secure Area which they are entitled to access and view. Hermanus Radiology cannot, and does not, however, warrant that no unauthorised person will be able to gain access to the Secure Area or to a portion of the Secure Area to which they are not entitled to have access. Accordingly, Hermanus Radiology shall not be liable for any loss, damage, claims, costs or penalties arising from unauthorised access to the Secure Area or any portion thereof or the interception, monitoring, modification or other interference with communications between you and Hermanus Radiology.
12.4 You must keep your user identity and password secret and not allow anyone else to use them. You shall be responsible for all access to the Website with your user identity and password. When your user identity and password has been used in order to gain access to the Website, Hermanus Radiology shall be entitled to assume that such use and all related communications emanate from you. Hermanus Radiology shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from unauthorised use of your user identity and password.
12.5 In the event that you become aware of a breach of the confidentiality of your user identity and password, you must immediately communicate this to Hermanus Radiology with subsequent confirmation in writing, the compromised user identity and password will be deactivated as soon as reasonably possible and a new user identity and password will be issued to you. Hermanus Radiology may, at its sole and absolute discretion and for any reason, require you to change your user identity and password at any time.
12.6 If you commit any breach of these conditions or in any other way interact with or use the Website in an unlawful or unauthorised manner, Hermanus Radiology shall be entitled to terminate your access to the Website immediately, without prior notice, without any liability on Hermanus Radiology’s part and without prejudice to Hermanus Radiology’s rights in terms of these Conditions of Use or at law.
13. Hermanus Radiology recognises and respects Your right to privacy. Accordingly We are committed to the protection of information belonging to you which identifies you to third parties (“Personal Information”) and the appropriate use of Personal Information.
14. Certain Personal Information can be obtained automatically as You navigate through the Website. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to Your internet protocol address, the software which you are using to browse the internet and your domain. This assists Hermanus Radiology to manage the site and provide functionality to you. We may use this information for our own marketing purposes but will not provide it to any third parties.
15. “Cookies” accessed or stored by the Website may retain Personal Information including your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number, but you have the choice to switch off “cookies” on your computer. The information obtained through the use of any “cookie” used by the Website is not available to any third parties.